As a 19-year old national medical outsourced call center for some of the most prestigious clients in the country, the TeamHealth Medical Call Center (THMCC) has the experience to help your organization implement cost containment and provide high quality to your new or existing call center services.
Our consulting team is led by Vice President of Strategic Clinical Solutions, Gina Tabone, MSN, RNC. Gina came to THMCC after spending 19 years with Cleveland Clinic’s world-renown Nurse on Call program. During that time, Tabone served as triage nurse, senior resource nurse, education and protocol specialist, manager, and ultimately administrator. Under her direction as Administrator, ED utilization declined, continuous care coordination improved, performance metric targets dropped from 33% ABD to less than 5%, URAC accreditation was achieved, and the call center grew from covering 350 physicians to the integration of more than 1,500 employed and affiliated providers.
It is this breadth of operational and administrative experience, along with being an industry thought leader, that makes Tabone an invaluable resource and distinguished leader for THMCC.
In her role as Vice President, Gina partners with organizations to fine tune and optimize current operational and clinical performance, as well as supporting organizations that want to improve their own in-house medical call centers, ensuring processes are aligned and contributing to overall goals and strategies. She conducts on-site, comprehensive assessments that identify strengths while pinpointing areas of opportunity for improvement. Some considerations include:
- Workforce Management – Are you utilizing your human resources to exceed customer satisfaction? Have you deployed remote staffing?
- Post-Acute Care Outbound Call Initiatives – Hospital discharges, outpatient procedures, ED visits, wellness checks
- Managed Care and Population Health – Does your care coordination model have the ability to address care gaps? Have you been able to reduce unnecessary ED utilization? How does your organization move from a culture of acute to preventative care? Is your organization positioned to accommodate planned and unexpected growth opportunities?
- Hospital Readmission Penalty Prevention – Acute MI, CHF, Pneumonia, Total Knee, Total Hip, COPD
- Are you on target to achieve the goals of Triple Aim?
- Attracting, Hiring, and Training Caregivers for Success
- Current Technological Capabilities – Are you achieving first call resolution? Does it drive intelligent data that reflects your call center’s value? What self-service tools will eliminate unnecessary calls to your nurses?
- Quality Assurance – Does your quality program provide meaningful data?
“In developing a new medical call center for the MASH Care Network the best decision we made was to bring on Gina Tabone Consultant from TH. Her expertise and knowledge regarding call centers was instrumental in developing our center the “right way” by making the patient the focal point.”
Gina LaFountain, Director Medical Access Center
MASH Care Network
“Bringing in Gina Tabone from TeamHealth was a great investment for our FQHC call center. Over four days, Gina came in to observe our staff and operations in a non-judgmental way that encouraged staff candor and made it clear she was there to help. You don’t know what you don’t know, and feedback from Gina’s industry-specific insights and expertise is helping us move our call centers to a higher level of performance. We found her clinical background to be particularly helpful in recommending call center changes that were also mindful of providers, the limitations of our electronic health record, and patient safety.”
Heather Holland, Development Director & Kai Nissley, Chief Operating Officer
Santa Rosa Community Health Centers
We tailor our services to meet the needs and budget of your organization by offering:
- Program Design
- Pre- / Post- Go Live Assessment
- Nurse Triage Training
- Customer Service Training
- Quality Program Design
- Quality Review
- URAC Accreditation
- Cost Analysis
- Implementing Clinical or Non-clinical Services
- Telephony / Call Center Software
- Management Services
- Patient Engagement Services
With more than 9 million calls from more than 1,000 clients, the TeamHealth Medical Call Center is the premier choice for your call center solutions. For additional information about THMCC consulting services, please contact us at THMCC_Info@teamhealth.com.
Read Gina’s blog: The Startling Impact of Appropriate Utilization.